Saturday, May 17, 2014

Color Me Happy Necklace/Wrap DIY TUTORIAL

Hello! I'm extremely excited about this new jewelry tutorial designed for Happy Mango Beads. It's a necklace, it's a wrap bracelet and it's the perfect accessory for Summer. The beads and materials for the project are inexpensive, but the quality is wonderful. I'm very impressed with the beads I received from Happy Mango Beads. I'll be back for more, no doubt.

This jewelry piece is colorful, versatile and lots of fun. It just makes me feel all happy-sunshiny-day. :) I want to jump up and shout Woooo Hooo! I love color and I love Summertime. If this project doesn't scream happiness for love, life and beads, I don't know what does. Enjoy.




Color Me Happy Necklace/Wrap
by Erin Siegel, designed for Happy Mango Beads

This fun, versatile piece can be worn as a necklace or wrap bracelet.

Materials:

Tools:
Chain nose pliers
Scissors
Ruler

Finished size: 31” adjustable to 32”

1: Cut the leather in half. Use both cords to form an overhand knot about ½” from the ends. Trim cord ¼” from the knot as shown.
2: Use both cords to string the disc bead. Use both cords to form an overhand knot ½” from the previous knot as shown.
3: Use one cord to string 3 brass beads and 3 orange wood rounds as shown. Repeat 7 more times. Repeat entire step using the yellow, pink and teal wood rounds. String 3 brass beads at the end.
4: Repeat step 3 using the other leather cord. String the wood rounds in the following order: Pink, teal, orange and yellow.
5: Use both cords to form an overhand knot after the beads. Form another overhand knot 1” from the previous knot as shown. Repeat once more.
6: Use one cord to string 3 brass beads and form an overhand knot. Trim cord to ¼”. Repeat entire step for the other cord as shown.
7: Use the jump ring to attach the heart charm to a section of brass beads as shown.

Resources:
Wood rounds, brass beads, charm and disc bead: Happy Mango Beads. All other supplies: Ornamentea
 Happy Beading!

9 comments:

  1. Love it, so fun and colorful. Will have to try this one out! Thanks for the tut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! The colors and versatility rock! Thanks Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty and a great tutorial Erin! I will definitely have a play with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous with all the bright colors! Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love this as a bracelet! Looks so summery and fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do agree, it is the perfect summer accessory! Beautiful design, very summery and fun. I love that it can be worn as a long necklace or a wrap bracelet; a wonderful way to add a burst of color regardless of what you are wearing! You create the most magnificent designs Erin! Thank you for sharing your tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As a newbie entering the jewelry space, this blog is enlightening. Keep the wisdom coming!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a beautiful necklace. I am trying to decide what to get my wife for her birthday. Something like that would really make her feel special. http://missingpieces4u.com/Jewelry

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the tutorial! I have plenty of beads that could easily work for something like this...can't wait til the weekend so I can make one to wear to work on Monday! Your colors are summer-perfect!

    ReplyDelete

I live for comments! Please do share your thoughts...